Sunday, October 23, 2011

Young Lara papercraft vignette WIP3


This is a quick view of the "stand" (I guess "hang" would be more appropiate...? ;o) that I imagined for young Lara; little dioramas like this are often called vignettes, and I think they look really nice! ;o)

I'm afraid I'm not being very faithful to the continuity here of the series, though, because the statue that young Lara from Tomb Raider 4 is swinging from, is actually one of the Vilcabamba statues from the original Tomb Raider 1 (and the spikes are from Tomb Raider 3 ;o)

But I thought it looked so nice (I really love the classic texture style of those games...!) that I hope you'll forgive me for that... ;o)

The size of the stand (hang?) will be determined by what size young Lara will be: I don't want Lara's parts to be *too* tiny of course, but even though I don't like making my models very big, I think the stand will turn out too big to fit on one page.

So that means it'll probably need to be cut in half.

Luckily, that's not really a problem with paper. ;o)

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Haha.... I knew that statue must have been taken from another series of Tomb Raider, but it's pretty good combination there ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to build a nice "stand/hang" for a model, But I think it makes models look a lot better.
    good luck with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LUBDAR: Sometimes a stand makes a model look nicer, but not all the time, I think. But sometimes a model really needs it, and a little vignette like this looks nice because it tells a little story, and if you manage to keep it simple, it doesn't necessarily make the model much more work or much more difficult. ;o)

    @Faris: Thanks, I really liked the combination too! Compared to modern games, the classic Tomb Raider textures are really simple, but I love the feeling that they create. ;o)

    ReplyDelete