Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lulu test build, part 2

Lulu's dress wasn't be very difficult to build. ;o) I think I will include a separate, black part to be printed on thinner paper and glued to the inside of the dress, to cover up the white backside of the paper.

I think this method will work better than using double sided parts, with people having trouble with the alignment and/or feeding the sheet to the printer the wrong way, and of course the glueing tabs would still be visible as outlines on the inside of the dress that way.

For some parts like the backside of the belts and/or hair though, it will probably be easier to simply colour the backside with a magic marker, but I'll have to think about that.

Next up is a very fun part of the model I think, the belts! (it will be the easiest unfold I've made so far, I think ;o)

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, I'm glad you do! It's still just the test build, though, and I haven't actually glued all the parts together, so I hope you will like the final model even more! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulu is a character I like a lot, especially for its goth style. It's a shame that isn't enough skill to fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the pale skin and dark hair, black dress and lace and the many leather belts give Lulu a very gothic look. Very different from the earlier black mages in the Final Fantasy series! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted to end the child look like the typical magicians Vivi. Characters are mote adults.

    ReplyDelete