Sunday, January 10, 2010

Viper tabs and slots

Here's a quick test build of the tab and slot method I'm planning on using for the Viper, and so far it works very well!

The pictures are just of the "cradle" for the left engine, but it works so well that I didn't even have to glue it on, it just stays in place by itself. ;o)

A big part of that is thanks to the fact that I'm using thick cardstock (200 gsm) which is nice and stiff, and I can already tell you: it won't work this well if you were to make it out of regular printer paper...!

(you can also see from the cross section of the hull, that it really needs the internal bracing to give it its desired shape; just pre-shaping it just won't be enough! ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to make Sonic next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is busy now making a Viper fighter from Battlestar Galactica and when he is done with that he will tell what he will make next it's pointless to ask now and he won't do it because somebody requests it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deciding on a new project is always a hard choice because I have so many ideas for future papercraft models, and I really can't promise I'll do Sonic next, sorry...

    ReplyDelete