Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Final trouble parts tackled

So yeah... I couldn't wait until the weekend to continue working on my main project again, now that after a few minor test builds and consecutive fixes I was this close to finishing the preliminary work on the 3D model.

Today I finished fixing the last parts I wasn't completely happy with yet (some of the parts look deceivingly simple when you look at them now...) so now I should be able to focus entirely on unfolding all the parts next weekend to start a (hopefully) final, complete test build.

On some of my latest models, I was so confident that the 3D model and unfolding were done properly that the final "test" builds were actually also the final final builds. But because this one might still have some surprises, I think I will first do a quick test build of the complete model in low quality to save ink, then make the final templates and only then build it "for real" and make pictures for the instructions.

Sounds like a plan to me. ;o)

1 comment:

  1. oooooooooooooooooohhhh!!!

    You're making the boulder that chases Indiana Jones in the temple ~L~

    ReplyDelete