Monday, May 21, 2012

papercraft TIE-fighter WIP1


Despite being a big sci-fan fan, I haven't made any Star Wars papercraft models yet! (of course I did build a few from other papercrafters, though ;o)

But that is going to change! I want to make a bigger papercraft model by hand again, and this time, I want to make one of those famous TIE-fighters!

There are already a lot of great looking papercraft TIE-fighters out there, but I really like the iconic shape and it'll be a lot of fun making one myself! ;o)

To get the "overall shape" right, I always look up as many pictures as I can find, but luckily, fans always make lots of schematics of sci-fi spacecrafts and sometimes there are even official ones!

By printing the schematics at the scale I want my paper model to be, I can use them for measurements and check very easily if the shape is still okay (just like I do with my Advance Wars units, only with more views ;o)

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent article on making the Tie Fighter. Im interested in scratch building some of the variants, so this article will be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can use some of it! There really is a lot of information online, but like with most sci-fi shows or series, it's not always consistent... ;o)

    ReplyDelete