Sunday, September 11, 2011

Linebeck papercraft WIP 11


The in-game sea charts for the Phantom Hourglass game do their job in the game as navigational tools for Linebeck's ship, but they wouldn't look very nice in a papercraft model I think...

For a short while, I looked into using the European box art, which has a nice sea chart on the back, but although it looks very stylish, it also wouldn't fit Linebeck's paper model I think.

I wanted to make a chart that looked more like the one Linebeck is holding in the artwork, but not 100% the same (if you look closely, you can still see the LEGO Pirates treasure map influences ;o)

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, so I hope it will look good when printed too! ;o)

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. the original looks better , if you can try to do de "snail" form and the end it will be very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I tried to recreate the style of the sea chart in the official artwork as close as possible. ;o)

    To make the "snail" forms on the ends, I'll roll up the ends around a toothpick or something similar; then, because of the tension in the paper, the ends should stay in that shape (so I don't think any glue will be needed ;o)

    ReplyDelete