Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Homer and thinking ahead?? (Homer and thinking...??)

Here you can see how I unfolded Homer's pants. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but you can see how I seperated part 5 from part 6 though, while at first glance they could easily be joined together.

But thinking ahead, when I tried to assemble the parts in my head, I thought it would be easier if you could glue on part 5 seperately to finish the backside first, then the strip of part 6 around the top of the pants, and then the "circular" piece of part 6 as the closing top of the pants.

But to be able to do that later on, you have to make this decision now: you need to know already how you want to assemble the paper model, even before you open your 3D model in Pepakura Designer to unfold it.

5 comments:

  1. Are you almost done with Homer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished test building all the parts, and there are some that I really want to change to make them easier to build, particularly on the head.

    After I unfolded those parts again, I'll make the final templates and the final build, taking pictures for the instructions and then making the instructions, so I think Homer should be finished within a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are done with Homer who are you doing next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I have no idea yet. ;o)

    ReplyDelete