Saturday, July 18, 2009

EDS ETA: 1 week from now(-ish)

Obviously, the transparant visor requires a bit of planning on how to build it, especially the order in which to glue the parts together, and where to place extra glueing tabs.

But with the findings from the test build, I think I got it now (I think ;o).

Everything's unfolded (again) this time with the proper glueing tabs and cut up properly, so I can pretty much make the templates now and start the final build and instruction making. It's not a very complex model and shouldn´t have a lot of steps, so I should have it finished within a week or so.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, good to see the model's going well! One question, I don't want to make a see-through visor, mainly cos I don't have any clear sheets, haha, so will the non see-through visor have Lara's face printed on it, or will it just have a glassy type sheen to it, without seeing her face? Either way, I'll build this when it comes out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The non-transparant visor will just have a blue, underwater/glassy shine like you see in the Pepakura screenshot.

    Of course it's always possible to print out a picture of Lara and glue it onto the visor (I'd use regular paper for that so you won't have a very thick edge).

    From the chin to the top of her head, you'd have to print it about 2.5 - 3 cm tall, depending on her hairstyle (and the angle you're looking at her, but I wouldn't worry too much about a couple of mm ;o)

    ReplyDelete